- Continue to learn zBrush: I didn't learn as much zBrush as I would have liked this year, so I am going to continue learning and use it a lot in upcoming projects during 2015.
- Improve on my texturing: I just didn't get enough texturing work done this year to make any big improvement. I feel like I improved slightly, but it is still a weaker park of my skill set. I will be pushing for more texturing work inside the studio and doing more at home too.
- Make use of my Quixel Suite license: I own a Quixel Suite license, but have yet to utilise it properly. I would love to learn it at some point next year to texture up a detailed prop for my portfolio.
- Update my portfolio: This was a goal for 2014, but that didn't go to plan as I initially thought it would. Towards the end of 2015 I would like to post up about four pieces of art work, so there is something for people to view (and hopefully enjoy) when they visit my website.
- Bonus goal - Make the Polycount Recap: I like to throw an ambitious bonus goal in each year if possible. This is something that isn't strictly a goal I want to complete, but if it does happen, that would be great. The monthly Polycount Recap is a showcase of the top game art from the Polycount community that month and I see it as a benchmark. If your work is featured in one of these Recaps, it's a great measure of the quality of your work and how well it's receieved among other much more amazing artists.
Here's to a productive and successful 2015!